On June 21, 2012, Gloria Tsang, Founding Editor of HealthCastle.com, and I were invited to attend the grand opening of Minami Yaletown Restaurant. Located in the heart of Yaletown in Vancouver, Minami is poised to spread Aburi style sushi from Vancouver and beyond. In fact, we were there when Miku Restaurant, sister restaurant to Minami, first introduced Aburi style sushi to North America in 2008.
Owner and restaurateur Seigo Nakamura kicked off the evening by welcoming distinguished guests and media with an opening speech. This was followed by a traditional sake barrel-breaking ceremony. Traditional Japanese culture permeated the air this evening and the event was filled with plenty of good food and refreshing sake. A completely successful launch party indeed and thanks to Erica Pang for the invite. Here are some photos from the evening.
Here, I am working hard
Here, I am hardly working
With the beautifully smart Teresa Lee
With the famed Ed Lau
Look for this sign at Minami Yaletown Restaurant
Fantastic Japanese mural at Minami Yaletown Restaurant
Latest posts by Ian Lee (see all)
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe – Perfect - August 29, 2016
- How to Watch CBC Olympics App While Away from Canada - August 10, 2016
- Apps To Take Facebook 360 Photos - June 10, 2016
- Week 12 – Achilles Rupture Recovery – More Physiotherapy - May 10, 2016
- Week 11 – Proper Rehab for Achilles Tendon Rupture - April 27, 2016