I normally use a store bought BBQ sauce for all of my recipes but having run out for quite some time, I had no way to make the sauce I needed for my seitan creations. Given that the Coronavirus has the world locked down, I am not venturing out to buy more BBQ sauce. The only solution was to make my own. And luckily, I had all of the ingredients at hand.
This is a simple, easy-to-make and very yummy BBQ sauce. Just add all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer. Here goes.
Best Homemade No Liquid Smoke BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Paprika (smoked or regular)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes or Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan
- Stir content over over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently so mixture does not burn. Scrape content from side of saucepan when stirring.
- Remove from heat and BBQ sauce is ready to be used or can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.