Recently, Google began cracking down on websites that were selling text link ads. Reports are popping up all over the Internet indicating that many websites and blogs saw a significant drop in Google Page Rank. Now there is a cool tool to help you see where your Google Page Rank is heading.
Going from a PR9 to PR5
The biggest drop I have witnessed in the most recent Google update is probably Computer.org. Last month, this site was at PR9. As of right now, it is at PR5. Who knows if there is a correlation here but I do see some text Sponsored Links at the bottom of the home page.
Problogger reported a drop from PR 6 to PR 4 but as of today, it’s actually fluctuating between PR6 & PR7 (at least based on my Google Toolbar).
Brian Clark’s Copyblogger was reported to have been demoted to a PR4 but again, during the writing of this post, it is now at PR 7.
Andy Beard documented some Page Rank changes and here is Daniel Scocco’s list.
In light of all the Page Rank changes, here is a cool tool for those who want to know where their PR is heading. Just enter your domain below and click Check Domain to see your Page Ranks at various Google datacenters.
Is your Page Rank up, down or did it stay the same?
Latest posts by Ian Lee (see all)
- How to Watch CBC Olympics App While Away from Canada - August 10, 2016
- Apps To Take Facebook 360 Photos - June 10, 2016
- Week 12 – Achilles Rupture Recovery – More Physiotherapy - May 10, 2016
- Week 11 – Proper Rehab for Achilles Tendon Rupture - April 27, 2016
- Week 10 – Achilles Tendon Rupture Recovery - April 19, 2016